As of January 2021, I’ve been in the tech industry for ten years, and I’m now taking time to explore my other interests.
What I’m Working On
- 👨💻I’m a senior product manager in the US. I studied Computer Science for 4 years and been in the tech industry for 10 years.
- 🎬 On my YouTube channel, I make videos about coding, habits, investing, and growth. Check out my most popular videos.
- 🔥 I write a weekly email newsletter. Each Sunday, I share some interesting thoughts, discoveries, and resources. Check out the past newsletters and maybe subscribe.
- 🎤 I host a weekly podcast called The Four Elements. Every week I talk about a practical idea for transformation.
- ✏️ On this website, I write articles about productivity, investing, growth, habits, and many other things I’ve found helpful over the years.
- 🎮 I learned to code in high school, and worked as a web developer through college. This helped fund my World of Warcraft & DOTA addictions.
- 📱 In college (2010-2013), I started and failed many different mobile apps & startups. After college, I was part of a successful startup that was acquired by Microsoft. These days, I work on high-level strategy, and improving existing products at Microsoft.
- 👟🏋️♂️🏀 I enjoy to run, lift weights, and play basketball. I tend to post on Instagram & Twitter, along with motivational tips if that’s your type of thing. Please follow me if that sounds up your alley.
Get in Touch
- 🐦Twitter – If you’ve got a short question or message (<280 characters), please tweet @_JonDouglas and i’ll get back to you as soon as I can. I also occasionally reply to Instagram DMs.
- ✉ Email – If it’s a longer thing on your mind or you don’t want it to be public, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). I read 100% of my emails but there’s only enough time in a day to reply to them. If you reply to my weekly Elemental newsletter with a specific question, the chances I’ll reply are much higher as I spend my weekends doing chill stuff like replying to emails.
- ☕ In Person – I love meeting up with people in real life. So here’s a standing offer. If you fancy taking a trip to Austin, TX (US) and want to chat, I’ll buy you a coffee, no questions asked. I’m generally available most weekday evenings after 6pm. Drop me an email and mention coffee in the subject line, and we’ll work something out.